The amount of information and uncertainty about COVID-19 can be overwhelming and distressing. Keeping oneself centered, calm, and mentally well is important.
Here are some resources available to you:
- Kids Help Phone offers 24/7 support for youth (1-800-668-6868), and have some articles on how to talk to your kids and teens about COVID-19 on their website.
BC-specific resources for mental health support include:1
- Adults: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- Older Adults (65+ Years) Seniors Distress Line: 604-872-1234
- Youth in BC (up to 25 years old): Youth In BC; Kelty Mental Health
- Adults (over 25 years old): Crisis Centre Chat
- Online Safety and Preventing Cyberbullying: Government of BC
- Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention Centre of BC. HealthLinkBC. Accessed from: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/mental-health-substance-use/resources/crisis-centre