There have been reports of a “Tide Pod Challenge” going around on social media, where teenagers bite down on the concentrated detergent pods.
We want to remind people that the detergent chemicals inside these pods is highly concentrated and poisonous. Ingesting the pods, even if accidentally, can cause vomiting, breathing difficulties, chemical burns, and may be lethal. Learn more about the dangers of ingesting detergent pods and other household chemicals at dontchoke.ubc.ca.
If you or anyone you know has ingested these pods, please visit your local emergency department immediately.